Asa C. Adams Elementary
Riot Athletic Complex Endeavor
May 20, 2015 Informational Meeting
Orono Middle School Gymnasium
R.A.C.E. is a commitment to the future of Orono and to the community of Orono. The athletic facilities for the Orono community are very aged, have drainage issues, are difficult to access and cannot be used for track competition.
The School Board committed to R.A.C.E. in 2014, kicking off the work by installing three new tennis courts in the summer and fall of 2014.
R.A.C.E has three committees: Engineering, Marketing and Funding. Each committee is comprised of Orono stakeholders who care deeply about Orono, especially our youth. We urge you to get involved!
Welcome to Asa C. Adams Elementary School!
Asa Adams School was named in honor of Dr. Asa C. Adams, a local physician who served on the school committee for twenty-one years. Dr. Adams also served as chairman of the school’s building committee. Construction on the school began in 1956 and was completed in 1957. Asa Adams Elementary School replaced the Birch Street and Webster Street Schools. Today Asa Adams School serves approximately 265 students grades PreK to 5.
- School begins at 8:30. Students who arrive after 8:30 will be considered tardy.
- Students who are not in the breakfast program are asked not to arrive until 8:20.
- Students in the breakfast program may arrive at 7:45.
- Walkers are dismissed at 3:00. Bus students are dismissed at 3:05.
- Morning Pre-K session runs from 8:30-11:00. Afternoon Pre-K session runs from 12:30-3:00.
Friday, March 6 is now a student day–NO teacher inservice!