Substitute teaching applications may be picked up in the Superintendent Office.
Social Studies/AP U.S. History Teacher
Orono High School is searching for a full-time Social Studies teacher. We are seeking candidates with at least two years of successful teaching experience in a formal high school setting, as well as knowledge and experience with the effective integration of technology in the classroom. This position includes responsibility for the following courses: US History, Civic Engagement, Sociology, and Politics and the Election Process.
The candidate should be able to perform the following:
- Plan rigorous and engaging lessons, assign and grade homework, and create and lead classroom activities
- Teach writing intensive courses that focus on excellent research and communication skills that go beyond rote textbook instruction
- Demonstrate a willingness to explore multiple perspectives in critical and meaningful ways
- Effectively communicate with students, as well as build their trust, motivate them, and understand their needs
- Work cooperatively with parents and other teachers
- Bachelor of Science in Education with extensive coursework in social studies, history, geography, economics, and political science
- Hold Social Studies Teacher (7 – 12) certification from the Maine Department of Education (Certificate 200S)
- At least two years of demonstrated success teaching Advanced Placement U.S. History
- Knowledge and experience with the effective integration of technology into the classroom
Application may be found at: https://www.rsu26.org/employment/
Please send or email cover letter, application, resume, certificate, transcripts and a copy of your CHRC to:Meredith Higgins, Superintendent 10 Goodridge Dr. Orono, ME 04473 email@example.com
RSU 26 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Middle School Principal
RSU 26 is seeking a full-time principal with a passion for middle level education and student development. The successful candidate will demonstrate deep knowledge and expertise in leading and supporting teachers, and possess exceptional curriculum, instructional and administrative leadership skills. The OMS principal will act as a leader for their school in coordinating curriculum and assessment efforts, and will also assist the superintendent in coordinating district-wide curriculum and professional development. The successful candidate will possess the ability to develop ties with the community, the university and stakeholders. He or she must have the ability to market schools, understand STEM efforts, work with strategic goals and plans, develop and oversee budgets, and manage supervision and evaluation systems.
Maine School Administrator certificate (040) and CHRC required.
Applications will be accepted until suitable candidate is found. The screening process will begin during the week of March 11, 2019.
Please submit letters of Interest, resume, transcripts, application (https://www.rsu26.org/employment/), certification, three current letters of reference to:
RSU 26 Superintendent of Schools
10 Goodridge Drive
Orono, ME 04473
RSU 26 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Educational Technician II or III – Middle and High School
Educational Technicians are professionally certified staff who work closely with students in our school district. These positions provide a competitive hourly wage, a comprehensive health insurance package and benefit package. Requirements: CHRC and Maine DOE Certificate 22 or 23 application in progress
Substitutes- All Grade Levels
Orono is looking for energetic and motivated substitute teachers to work with students at all levels. The candidates should have completed 2 years of college and enjoy working with children and teens. Flexibility is a must. We have lots of opportunities for the right candidates. Must have up to date CHRC.
Stop by the RSU 26 Superintendent’s office for an application packet._________________________________________________________________________
Substitute teaching applications may be picked up in the Supt. Office.
Collective Bargaining Agreements