- Enrolled in school
- Not habitually truant or under suspension; and
- Passing a majority of courses during the current grading period.
Employers must have a stamped, approved work permit on file before allowing any minor under 16 years old to work.
* A minor may not start working until the employer has received an approved work permit from the Department of Labor Standards.
Information required to complete the application:
* Name and industry of business where the minor will be working
* Mailing address and phone number of the business
* Name of contact person at the business
* Specific description of what the minor will be doing (washing dishes, cashier, bagging groceries, etc.)