Our curriculum is comprehensive and rigorous; our instruction is personalized for each of our learners; our assessment system continuously documents learner progress toward proficiency.
Curriculum: What we want students to learn:
- The curriculum is future-focused and includes content in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM), Humanities, Social Sciences, the Arts, World Language & Culture, Life Skills and Maine’s Guiding Principles.
- Think critically, problem solve, synthesize information, communicate effectively through multiple modes.
- The curriculum for each level of learning is guaranteed and viable and includes well-defined standards that make clear what learners must be able to do to show proficiency.
Instruction: How we will help students learn:
- Collaborative, hands-on, authentic-real world project based learning, collaborative
teachers integrate learning across disciplines to ensure meaningful student learning.
- Lesson design is intentionally connected to each student’s needs and interventions are swift, & responsive.
- Teachers do whatever it takes to achieve desired student learning.
- Instruction is personalized for individual students in terms of their readiness, interests, and best learning modalities.
Assessment: How we will use assessment to hold our students and the system accountable:
- Our schools use a clearly articulated system of assessments that has flexibility in how and when learners demonstrate their knowledge.
- Students always know where they stand in relation to their learning goals.
- Assessment are integral to the teaching and learning process.
- Formative assessment is used on a day-to-day basis to tailor instruction for individual students and to help students understand what comes next in the learning.