The Orono School Department provides the following health services to promote student wellness and reduce health barriers that may influence a student’s educational program:
- Implementation of health plans for students with specific health needs. If your child has a specific health concern, you are encouraged to contact the school nurse. A plan will be developed for your child to receive the appropriate care with the least possible disruption to the educational program.
- Collaboration with parents, school staff and community health agencies.
- Health assessments, including health and developmental history, physical exams, vision, hearing and scoliosis screenings.
- Monitoring and evaluation of communicable diseases and nuisance conditions.
- Implementation of state health and immunization laws.
The Orono school nurse is always available to answer questions and address parents’ concerns.
Karen Martin, School Nurse