- The RSU 26 goal during the COVID-19 Crisis is to provide remote instruction for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year.
- Phone Numbers: Asa Adams: 866-2151, Orono Middle School: 866-2350, Orono High School: 866-4916, Superintendent’s Office: 866-7110.
- As a reminder, we will be taking the week off from remote learning during the week of vacation April 20-24.
- The RSU 26 Central Office is closed to visitors, but we are still here for you! Contact us by calling 866-7110, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Karen Martin, the RSU 26 School Nurse, will have virtual office hours from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, Monday – Friday. You may reach her by email at email@example.com, or through a Google Meets invitation. Mrs. Martin is happy to discuss medical questions you may have about your children or provide you with suggestions for resources. You are also welcome to email her your phone number, and she will call you.
- School counselors will continue to be available for students during the regular school hours through email, google phone, google meets, Zoom, etc. They will set up “appointments” with students as well as answer questions, concerns, etc throughout the day. Additionally, they are available to connect students and parents/guardians with support services in the community or through our Acadia staff as necessary.
Reminder – In the interest of serving all needs in the safest and most efficient manner, we are providing three options for accessing breakfast and lunch meals during this time. These meals are available to ANY child in grades PK-12 at no cost.
To align with the Governor’s recent order to reduce community interaction as much as possible, we are changing our food service program to a two day/week system. Beginning tomorrow, April 9th, we will provide the three food service options (pick-up at Asa Adams, pick-up at American Legion and bus delivery) on only Mondays and Thursdays each week. Meals will be packaged for multiple days to allow for the span of time in between these days. The pick-up sites will be open from 9-12 a.m. Bus delivery times will remain the same. This means when meals are picked up on Monday, 3 days of meals will be provided, and similarly, on Thursday, 4 days of meals will be provided.
For some of our students who live outside of Orono, be sure to contact us about your needs. We will make sure your needs are met for food during this time.
We understand as this situation develops, your needs may change. We will continue to provide this service for all as long as possible. Please don’t hesitate to access these supports or reach out to us for delivery at any point in the future. We will keep you informed of any updates to this program. If you have any questions, a specific food need, or have a donation please contact Ben Jacobson at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sam Runco at email@example.com
Phone Numbers: Asa Adams: 866-2151, Orono Middle School: 866-2350, Orono High School: 866-4916, Superintendent’s Office: 866-7110.