Karen Martin, the RSU 26 School Nurse, will have virtual office hours from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, Monday – Friday. You may reach her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through a Google Meets invitation. Mrs. Martin is happy to discuss medical questions you may have about your children or provide you with suggestions for resources. You are also welcome to email her your phone number, and she will call you.
The Orono School Department provides the following health services to promote student wellness and reduce health barriers that may influence a student’s educational program:
- Implementation of health plans for students with specific health needs. If your child has a specific health concern, you are encouraged to contact the school nurse. A plan will be developed for your child to receive the appropriate care with the least possible disruption to the educational program.
- Collaboration with parents, school staff and community health agencies.
- Health assessments, including health and developmental history, physical exams, vision, hearing and scoliosis screenings.
- Monitoring and evaluation of communicable diseases and nuisance conditions.
- Implementation of state health and immunization laws.
The Orono school nurse is always available to answer questions and address parents’ concerns.
Karen Martin, School Nurse